Sunday, November 25, 2007

Good Outcomes

I think my little Brian has a new home. I put his bow on him and made him smell good. No sooner had we parked at the shelter when a lady who had parked next to us asked to see what I had in the carrier. We got inside, she held him, he purred. I told her about him and before I could say "I think he'd like to be an only child". she said "I have no other pets or children." She wanted to see the other cats available but asked the people at the desk to not put Brian away. They told me that even if she didn't take him, he'd go very fast. Instead of leaving the shelter upset, I was very happy. I have since looked his ID up and it's not appearing. That tells me he's been adopted. I hope he's adjusting well and is very happy. My passenger seat is covered in little white hairs; kittens shed a lot when they're nervous. I hate to clean them up, they're like little momentos. So weird to think I'll never see my little emo kitty again but I'm very glad I got to know him.

0 comments: