Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Teenage Boyz

My sister and I and Michael went to see our cousin in Palm Springs right after I took my little ones to the shelter. I was kind of glad to have a distraction so I might not notice the lack of kitten mews or feel the full sting of missing Captain. Now I will get some time with my newest real members of the family, Sacha and Smokey.
We arrived home last night. Now with Michael at school, I am experiencing my kitteens. They don't have any little kittens to play with. Normally at this hour they would be upstairs in the cat play room impressing the little ones with how big and manly they are. Now they seem a bit bored. They are in my face constantly. I feel like the wife of a striking writer; I'm always saying, "Don't you have anything else to do?"

Smokey: Hiya Mom! Watcha doin'?"
Sacha: "She's doing the dishes, Stupid! Hey Mom, can I help you?"
Me: "Boys, please get off the counter."
Sacha: "Awe Mom, you look like you could use a hand, Here's my paw. See I put it in the water, see?" (splash)
Me: "Sacha!"
Smokey: "Here, I wash cup." (thunk)
Me: "Smokey!"
Sacha: "This bottle cap looks like it could use a good scrub". (splash)
Smokey: "You wanna wash this dish again?"(SPLASH)
Me: "No!"
Sacha: "There's that word again. "No". She says it a lot. I think it's your name."
Smokey: "No it your name! She yell at you! See her eyebrows look mad!"
Sacha: "No way, my name's 'Num num' YOUR name is 'No'"
Smokey: "My name is 'Iloveyou'. I know cuz she smiles when she says it."
Sacha: "You're name is 'No!'"
Smokey: "YOU'RE name is 'No!'"

Sacha: "Hey she's going in that room again, let's get in before she closes the door!
(SLAM)
Sacha: "Damn! Foiled again."
Smokey: "She always forget to wait for us."
Sacha: "That's cuz she's getting old. It's hard for her to remember stuff. That's why she needs our help. Remember last night when we were helping her type?"
Smokey: "Ya. I make lot of letters."
Sacha: "Well I'm the one who turned the computer off for her!"
Smokey: "Ya, you is real smart."
Sacha: "Damn right I am. I even had to unplug stuff. She really needs us!"
Smokey: "How can we help her? We out here."
Sacha: "We'll just knock on the door and she'll let us in. It works for Ryan and that's how she lets the dog out."(Bang bang bang)Smokey: "She not coming."
Sacha: "That's weird."
(Bang bang bang bang)
Smokey: "Oh no! Maybe Mommy unconscious! We have to rescue her! I scratch the door down!"
(Scratch scratch scratch!)
Sacha: "That's no good you big pussy! You gotta put some muscle in it! Like this!"
(BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG)
Smokey: "Oh no! Mommy dead! Mommy dead! Waaaa! I miss Mommy!"
Sacha: "There's just one thing left to do; we've got to dig a trench under this door. It's the only way we can save her."
Smokey: "Don't worry Mommy! We coming!"
Sacha: "Hey this carpet comes up real easy!"
Smokey: "And taste good too. Nom nom nom nom."
Me: (Approaching the door) "God $@!*&!!!"

In the distance, my grown cats, Tabitha and Ryan, observe:

Tabitha: "What are you doing?"
Ryan: "I'm watching all their cuteness wear off."
Tabitha: "Awesome! Hey while they're busy, let's go eat all the kibble."
Ryan: "Ah, you're beautiful AND smart."

0 comments: