Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Product Review: Ssscat


I just bought Sssscat which is a spray can attached to a motion sensor. The idea is that when the cat goes near it, they get sprayed. So you put it in a place that you want to be off limits to your cats.

There are few places where I don't allow my cats but my Tabitha insists on getting herself up in a high window to sit on the sill. The problem is that in order to get to this window she has to climb the dining room drapes and not only is she clawing them up but she's bending the bracket holding the curtain rod. She has also introduced my two "kitteens" to the joys of this place and the curtains are suffering from their use as a stair case.

Tabitha, being the only female pet in the house is extra cunning and clever. While she knows I don't approve of this, when Mom's away, Tabitha will play. While she makes sure that I rarely catch her, the bent curtain rod holder gives her away. So I bought Sssscat, placed it on the window sill and crossed my fingers.
It speaks well of my cat to say that she completely "got it". OK Mom put that hissy thing up there, I guess she really doesn't want me climbing up the drapes." I also made available another window for her to gaze out of so she's fine with the new situation. As evidenced by an un bent curton brace, none of the cats have been up the drapes!
It works! It's a bit pricey, over 30 dollars for a can of air and a motion sensor. I began to think of other uses for my investment. Maybe if you put it on some bug spray and put it outside... put it on foot spray and place it near my son's shoes... Actually I think the company should consider remarketing this product for use by Parapsychologists. The unit could be efective for detecting ghosts or at least it seems that way. It's rather unnerving to have it just go off when you're all alone and nobody is near it. What triggered it?
Gram, is that you???

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey this seems like a good product. Cats are always trying to get into places where they shouldn't be. I used to use a spray bottle with water in it, I'm not so sure that worked in the long run. Your cat will just wait till you arn't home and look for trouble then. This product seems like a good solution.